Valley Prep Tutors
All tutors in LA are not created equal. The difference? Success in verifiable results.
Valley Prep tutors not only regularly help students achieve As on report cards and 4s and 5s on AP exams, they also average 170-270 points gained on the SAT and 4-6 points gained on the ACT per student after our standard 12-week test prep cycle.
We receive hundreds of applications per year. For every 10 applicants who want to work with Valley Prep, only 3 make the grade for an interview, and of those only 1 or 2 make the final cut to become part of our staff. We make sure everyone working with our students is not only highly qualified in their IQ, but that they are engaging, effective teachers with the EQ to connect successfully with teens.
Our tutors are carefully and clinically supervised, with ongoing access to top administrative support. All are insured, licensed, and pass a multiple level background check. Our resumes speak for themselves:
She is an attorney who graduated Harvard Law School in 2008, after earning her B.A. with honors in Political Science from Yale University. As a leading member of the Valley Prep test prep team, she has coached test prep and helped students gain admissions to some of the top universities in the world, including those in the Ivy League. In her spare time, she loves playing the drums.
He earned his B.A. in English & Pre-Medical Studies from Yale University, and holds his J.D. degree as well as numerous patents for original inventions. His advanced tutoring services, like those of most of our staff, incorporate real-life application of advanced math, sciences, and history as he mentors students with parallel interests. He is an avid scuba diver, and is teaching his preschool daughter her ABCs when not tutoring AP courses.
She holds her B.A. in American Literature from UCLA and her M.A. in English and Comparative Literature from Columbia University in the City of New York. Her work with students on the Common App essay and other college admissions writing samples has helped students gain a high rate in successful admissions to top colleges. She loves the challenge of solving logic puzzles with her husband and perfecting multiple foreign languages in her spare time.
More Staff Mini Bios
He holds his PhD in Urban Education from USC and a Master’s Degree in Education Policy from Harvard University; his scholarly articles have appeared in dozens of professional journals and periodicals. In his spare time, he is a kick-boxer, photography enthusiast and dog-lover.
- A graduate with honors from Northwestern University, she regularly helps students attain 5s on AP Calculus exams and As in other math courses from Algebra I to Geometry, Algebra 2, Statistics, and more. In her spare time she loves improvisational comedy, which her students really appreciate in session.
- He holds his PhD in Environmental Health Science and Policy from UC Irvine, and earned his B.A. in Environmental Chemistry at Harvey Mudd College. On weekends he plays ultimate frisbee when he’s not helping students get perfect and near-perfect SAT and ACT scores.
- He is a native Parisian with his MA from Pepperdine University who has written curricula and questions for the AP French exam, SAT 2 French exam, and AP Psychology exam for many years. He regularly offers workshops coast to coast on how students can ace college-entrance exams, and loves to cycle with his wife and read French novels in his spare time.
- He graduated with honors from Stanford University, and recently passed his Bar Exam. Having volunteered for many years with the Teach for America program, he now specializes in tutoring multiple AP subject areas from Physics to US and European History. He is an avid creative writer and sports enthusiast who loves helping students achieve their academic goals.
- She graduated UCLA summa cum laude with her Master’s Degree in education and has been a state-certified teacher for ten years who has consistently proven point gains on the AP Literature and AP Language tests, Latin, and essay support at the highest level. In her spare time she composes original songs on piano and plays soccer.
- She earned her J.D. from University of Hawai’i after graduating with her B.A. in History from UCLA, and her students regularly attain 25% or higher on standardized testing as a direct result of working with her. She is a mom of two little girls, and enjoys cooking and teaching them hula in her free time.
He is a former Sarah Lawrence College admissions staff member, who is currently completing his PhD in American Religious history at Claremont Graduate University and tutors the PSAT, SAT and ACT as well as AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics, and all levels of English and History through AP. His theatrical background and love of verbal debate make his sessions lively and engaging.